Wednesday, July 12, 2017

Roland - 5 Months


{Milestones} You're holding your head up for a long time while you are doing tummy time. It's fun to watch you get stronger. :)

You found your hands. It's hilarious watching you look at your hands. I wonder what you think?

You are smiling all the time. You love when people talk to you. You are very social.

You love toys! When you aren't eating or sleeping, I'll give you a toy to occupy you. You enjoy whipping it around and looking at it.

{Temperament} You are a very easy baby. You're always calm. Of course, you know how to communicate your hunger and any other need. I love how chill you are.

{Eating & Sleeping} During the day, you eat every 2 hours. No solid food yet. If I go somewhere you might have a long stretch of 2.5 hours. You sleep most of the day. There are short periods of time you are awake. You've been going to bed at 8 p.m. and waking up at 3 or 4 a.m. to eat. You go back to bed for another 2 to 3 hours. You are sleepy in the morning, and I've been able to sleep in when I'm caught up on work. :)

{Weight} 21 pounds 10 ounces

{Height} We will find out at your 6 month appointment! At 4 months, you were 25 inches.


{Clothes} You are in 12 month clothing. Mimi got you a onesie with crabs on it, and it's a 12 to 18 months.This onesie goes with the sweater jacket Miss Verbie gave you. I bought you several 12 month shirts and shorts last week, and I don't think I'll have to buy anymore clothing in the next size . I located Liam's 18 month and 2T clothing

{Hair} You lost most of your hair on the sides and back of your head from looking back and forth. You have a lot of hair on top of your head just like your older brother, Liam, had  when he was your age. Although, it took you longer to lose your hair. Where you lost your hair, I see blonde hair growth. The hair on top is still brown with a tiny bit of red (maybe).

{Eyes} You have true blue eyes.

{Likes}You LOVE people. You love when we talk to you and hang out with you. You especially love when Liam talks to you and lays on the floor with you. I know you guys are going to be best friends. I take that back... Aren't you ALREADY best friends?! I think so.

You are liking the toys I give you more often now. The sensory toys are your favorites. In your car seat, you like having a blanket. I don't give you a blanket in your bassinette. I think we started giving a blanket with Liam when he would sleep after a year, and it was the breathable blanket. I love that you can stay warm in your SleepSack that is completely safe.

You love stroller rides any time of the day. I like going for a walk in the afternoon and evening when it helps all of us relax.

{Dislikes} There aren't many. I would say being overtired is the main one, but I think all of us hate being overtired. Ha

{Outings} Chicago was the biggest outing we have had recently. I need to do a separate post on this one, but you were the easiest baby to bring on the train to Chicago. I'm planning on going back at the end of the month. I can't wait to visit again. :)

Other things we did this month:

You met my friend Michelle and her husband Matt.

We had an impromptu party with Nana and Papa at Turk's house on the fourth of July.

We walked on a nature trail after a party, and I was reminded of why I love nature trails.

You went on a little date with Mama and Dada and Liam stayed with Mimi.

{Just for Fun} Liam's 5 Month Update


Little Pink Book

0 Sweet Notes: