Tuesday, June 20, 2017

A Random List...

First things first... These cinnamon rolls were amazing! Bill had requested I bake cinnamon rolls for Father's Day so naturally I left it to the last minute to make the dough and bake them.

This actually my second attempt. They turned out a lot better when I let the dough rise for a couple of hours! Go figure.

Bill has always used white sugar mixed with cinnamon for the filling, but these cinnamon rolls have brown sugar. I really liked it!


Summer: This summer has already been flying by way too fast for my taste. It always does, right? I'm feeling the need to take more pictures and videos to remember when everything was green and warm outside. I always thought summer was one of the best seasons!

My babies are growing up so fast. I walked by the bathroom mirror when I was holding Roland. I couldn't believe how big he looked! You know when you're holding them, you can't really see them. You see the back of their head and the side of their face most of the time, and you don't see what they look like from a distance.

Liam is looking and acting like an older kid all the time. The stuff he can say and communicate to us is amazing. We also switched him to a daybed on Sunday. There's no more crib anymore! It's going okay I would say. I got him to nap yesterday in his bed, but he didn't settle down in his room till late last night.


With the house, we have it decorated for the most part. I can't really think of anything I HAVE to do. The curtains are up, the mirror is up, the reading nook is fully decorated, there are pillows everywhere and we have three end tables. The only big thing missing is a coffee table. I need to search a little bit harder this week for that. Other than that, I would say our living/dining room is almost finished.

I decided one of the top shelves in the reading nook would change with the seasons and everything else would generally stay the same. This way, I'm not fully redecorating everything every few months.

Sleep has been a big focus lately. I haven't been getting enough. I've been staying up later than I should the past few days. I need to go to bed earlier and wake up earlier instead of working later at night. I think that would help. Any other work from home parents have any advice? ;)

I should sign off now before Liam wakes up. Haha I need to start checking things off my list. :)



Little Pink Book

0 Sweet Notes: