Monday, June 26, 2017

A Day in the Life

A couple of weeks ago, I decided to take a picture every couple of hours to document what I did in a typical day with Liam (2.5 years) and Roland (4 months). I love reading and looking back at what life was like. You think you'll remember most things, but I find that I forget most of the details.

Roland woke up at 5:30 a.m. I fed him and he went back to bed while I worked for a few hours. I put Stress Away in the diffuser. I start diffusing it early in the day and keep it going till the afternoon. I feel like I'm on a beach with it diffusing. 😏 Typically, I'm working on posting to social media for my accounts in the morning and writing a blog post. Roland will sleep till 8:30 or 9 in the morning, and Liam will wake up around the same time. I feel really lucky they are such good sleepers!

After I feed Roland again and get breakfast for Liam, I'll work on cleaning the kitchen.

And I'll fold a load of laundry. I like to do one or two loads every other day. I could probably do one load of laundry everyday, but I'm typically behind by a day.


I like to listen to a book while I clean. Last week, I was listening to "Big Little Lies." I really enjoyed this book. It was good mix of funny scenes and characters and serious life and relationship issues. I ended up finishing the book using iBooks on my phone. It's funny. I think I like iBooks better than Audible.


I had to run to the library at 11 a.m. Roland was already asleep. He typically will sleep longer if I'm going out. He is really easy to bring with when I'm running errands.

We were returning a couple of movies, and Liam saw these two books he had to check out! Ha Tractors and dinosaurs are a big favorite!


Bill wanted me to text him a picture of the XBOXONE games. I have to admit, this was my second attempt. The first pictures I sent him were of regular XBOX games.

It was noon when I left the library. I decided to go to Target to search for an end table. Liam is so used to stopping by Starbucks when were at a store that he will ask for a snack when he sees one. He got a chocolate milk, and I got a mocha frappuccino. It's hard to say no when you want to go the same place! Haha


I found a bar cart to use as end table. It really fits the mid-century modern theme we have in the living room, and it was 60 percent off! Yay!


I always end up giving him a little of my drink.

When we got home both kids took a nap, and Liam woke up super happy.


This picture was from earlier when we were relaxing before Roland went to sleep. Isn't he sweet?

In the evening, I went on a walk with Roland and Liam. Bill also went with, and we walked to the farm where we found his parents sitting by the fire. I ended up staying with Roland while Bill went to organize the basement. We're in the middle of putting the basement back together. Bill's dad was cooking a pizza. I had a couple of slices, and he asked me, "So what would you like for dessert?" Ha! I love how he will always ask me this after dinner. He's so sweet and fun. Bill Senior decided on cinnamon rolls. Before they were done, I went back home and picked up Liam so he could have one with us.

Liam loves going over to Nana and Papa's house. We stayed for a little bit longer, and I went home to put everyone to bed. It was a pretty typical day for us besides the trip to Target. I think I go once or twice a month. 😉 What does a typical day look like for you?



Little Pink Book

0 Sweet Notes: