Monday, May 22, 2017

What I want to do this Summer



Summer is almost here! We've already had a taste of it with the warmer days and our trip to the zoo on Mother's Day! I just listened to a speaker at my church talk about surviving the summer and helping your kids get outside more. The talk inspired me to think of activities I would want to do outside.

I would love to plan out activities for Liam. Some of the things I listed our ideas from the speaker. :)

{Outside Activities} Picnic on our deck with a blanket and sack lunches, go for a run and push the kids in the stroller, play on a beach, stargaze, find a different park to visit, mini golf, camp in our backyard (I don't know if I'm up for that one!), roast s'mores, etc.

This speaker was pretty awesome. She also talked about instilling our passions in our kids. I need some more time to think about what I would like to encourage, but I thought about a few things.

{Encourage Reading or Listening to a Story} I have talked about Audible before on my blog, and I've written about how much I love it. It's a necessity for me! When I was younger, my siblings and I would listen to Adventures in Odyssey for hours. It's the same concept as an audio book. We loved listening to the story. I want to find something Liam could listen to this summer. Of course, I also want to read a physical book too.

{Watch Movies that Remind me of my Childhood} I had this random thought I would share my favorite movies from childhood with Liam the other day. We watched Homeward Bound the other day, and I thought about how I wanted to have him watch Cheaper by the Dozen, Stuart Little and some of my favorite Disney movies. There are a bunch of other movies I want him to see. I thought it was funny Cheaper by the Dozen came to mind.

There are a few other things I would love to do like planning a road trip or a short vacation, going to a splash pad, visiting Millennium Park (Liam would love the Bean!), walking the trails at different parks and swimming all the time.

What do you have planned this summer?




Little Pink Book

0 Sweet Notes: