Monday, October 17, 2016

Why I like Audible


{Picture Via}

Six weeks after I had Liam, I jumped right back into work. I think I wanted my routine back. I love having a certain things I do throughout the week. You could say I love a sense of normalcy. Since I work part time from home it wasn't that big of a change, but the work still provided me with a schedule I liked. This time around I'm planning on taking 8 weeks since 6 seems a little short in retrospect.

When I started working again, it didn't leave much time for myself so I started listening to books on Audible. I used to have an Audible account a couple of years ago when I was working full time and wanting to read more. I love how you can get into the storytelling by listening to the narrator.

The best narrator I ever heard was for the Games of Thrones series and the Harry Potter series. If you have to have a great narrator, I would listen to those first. They're amazing.

Even though I love holding a book in my hands, I stopped reading an actual book most of the time for a few reasons. I love how I can be cleaning up or driving somewhere and reading a book at the same time.

I can still read all the books I want without having a baby try to tear the pages or shut the book. I didn't really try to read too much when Liam was up since I want to be engaged with him, but I will admit to trying to read for a half hour. It didn't go well. Haha

Another thing I love about audio books? They take up less space. I had around 30 to 50 books I donated recently. It was hard to let go of them. I still have my favorites on my shelf.

I love having my favorite books around and within short distance from my bed so I can read before bed. I don't think I could ever completely get rid of my actual books. I'll still read them even though I use Audible during the day when it's easier. I accept I'm in a time of life where it's easier to listen to books especially during the day when I'm wanting to hangout with my little guy. 

I remember struggling with the decision to listen to more audio books rather than reading them. My mom kept telling me, "You need to do what fits into your life now." She was right. I kept reminding myself of that fact. Soon enough, I lost the thought of I'm not really reading, and I looked forward to picking up my phone to listen to the next chapter.

Have you ever listened to an audio book? What are your thoughts?


Little Pink Book

0 Sweet Notes: