Saturday, June 18, 2016

Summer Bucket List


We're halfway through June, and I'm feeling like the summer is going to slip through my fingers if I don't plan out enough fun activities. Does anyone feel the same way? It's funny when I was in high school or college, I would fill my summer with summer school classes and other activities of course. I loved having a schedule and a routine in the summer so my summer classes helped me stay sane during the summer months. I didn't mind the homework or the tests. I have a love for school and everything that accompanies it. Now that I'm graduated and have a toddler, I feel like we are spending a lot of time outdoors, and when I'm inside, I'm thinking of different ways to organize or craft. I have a to-do list running in my mind.

What's on my to-do list? I swear I have anything from my work, what Liam needs, cleaning and organizing tasks and other miscellaneous things on my mind. Of course, I also have a list of summer activities I want to do this summer. I never want to feel like I didn't make the most of my summer when we have such a short time to enjoy summer in Illinois. I'm sure other people here feel the same way. Summer is short and sweet. I formed a list of a few things I've been wanting to do to keep track of what we want to do in the upcoming months. Here goes!

I want Summer 2016 to include:

*Picnics at different parks
*Hangout at Millennium Park
*Concerts in the Park
*Summer Dance in the Park
*Grill out too many times to count
*Family bike rides
*Read/Listen to several books that will make me think of this summer
*Swim too many times to count
*Maintain my gardens throughout the summer and early fall
*Hangout with Meg when she comes back!
*Watch "The Secret Life of a Pet" when it comes out! (Too excited for this one!)
*Find a reporter/writer I like and can read all their articles as they come out.

I realize my summer will be complete even if I don't accomplish everything on this list, but I honestly can't wait for all of it. I've been wanting for a while to find a writer who I admire so I can read their articles and learn from them. Should be interesting to find out which writer and what style I pick. For my writer friends, have any of you ever searched out a writer you like for the mere goal of learning from them? Let me know!


Little Pink Book

0 Sweet Notes: