Thursday, June 9, 2016

Goodbye 28, Hello 29

We celebrated my birthday this weekend in Chicago with Phil and Katie. We had such a great time at the street festival going on last weekend. There were pony rides, face painting, mini golf, train rides, etc. Uncle Phil took Liam on a train ride, and HE loved it! Liam loves going on four wheeler rides, golf cart rides and basically anything like that.
The ponies were adorable. I wanted to have Liam go for a pony ride but had second thoughts. Maybe next year he'll be big enough?!

They had an abundance of activities for kids of all ages. So fun.
The kids paired up were pretty hilarious. There always seemed to be one big kid and smaller kid who didn't stand a chance.
It was one of those days where the weather was absolutely perfect. :)
Phil and Liam rode in the blue car. They're so cute together.
We thought Phil was having trouble getting out of the train car, but Liam didn't want to leave at all... He had the best time riding in the train with Uncle Phil. The train went pretty fast in the beginning. I can imagine this was Liam's favorite part.


{Press Play}

We grabbed pizza for dinner just a couple of blocks from the festival. We had outdoor seating which was great for Liam. He did pretty good. Haha








We wish Meg could have been there! We had a great time hanging out with Phil and Katie though. I didn't know how I would feel turning 29, but I didn't mind at all. It helps that I'm still in my 20's. I think 30 might be quite the shock. Isn't it for most people?! I have a few things I want to do this year.

I want to....

*perfect a few of the all natural recipes I have for bug spray, body spray, body cream etc. I would really like to come up with a list of my favorites
*write more blog posts... Right now, I have around 640 posts in my blog, and I would love to see that number jump by a couple hundred!
*find a way to protect our chickens against wild animals.
*I want to go to a few museums this summer and visit Millennium Park on a super warm day.
*I just started coloring again, and I love it. I would love it if I could color an entire book this summer.
*Go Kayaking and picnicking on the same day.
*write more for my blog and for the paper.

I kind of wish I had a house in the city sometimes. Wouldn't this be cool. I tend to daydream when I'm there. Haha
I always end up taking pictures of the houses or the gardens in Phil's neighborhood. I love them! Japanese Maple trees and hostas are popular in the city.


Here's to a great year!
Little Pink Book

0 Sweet Notes: