Thursday, May 12, 2016

Mother's Day 2016


It's hard to believe this was my second Mother's Day! We had the busiest week, and we all slept in later than usual. We went to church with my mom and shopped for a bunch of new plants after going through the Portillo's drive thru. I picked out knockout rose bushes (they bloom the entire season!), a few simple potted flowers and ornamental grass. My mom helped me plant everything. Thank goodness! I tend to procrastinate when it comes to planting.

After we planted and watered everything, we got ready to go to Taylor's graduation dinner! I had such a good time with everyone. A few days after Mother's Day, Bill brought home three yards of mulch! I've never been so excited for mulch. I'm determined this year to have my yard look nicer than it has in the past. I need to start with getting the rhubarb plant out of my front yard. Hahah Sorry, Bill. I couldn't help it.

Anyway, I thought I would start a new tradition of writing Liam a letter on Mother's Day. I think this will be fun to look back on when he's older.

Dear Liam,

This is our second Mother's Day together! It feels crazy to say that. I feel like you've always been a part of our lives even though you've only been with us for 16 (almost 17) months. I can't imagine life without you. I love waking up to you and playing with you throughout the day. Your smile and laughter are everything to me. You don't understand how happy you make me.

You definitely keep me on my toes. :) It's a good thing. Ha We both get outside more because you love it! You're at the stage where you are taking everything in and the backyard and everything in it is fascinating. You're teaching me to see everything with new eyes.

You are an explorer and an adventurer. The other day, we were at the park, and you climbed up the play set and went down the big slide backwards all by yourself. You're fearless! I love your free spirit and your curiosity.

I'm forever thankful we were blessed with you, sweetheart.

Love you more than you know,

Momma



Little Pink Book

0 Sweet Notes: