Monday, February 29, 2016

Work from Home Mom



 I need to make my work area look like this... {Picture Via: WeHeartIt}

I don't think I've mentioned how I love the term work from home mom before on my blog. This term has resonated with me on a few different levels. I knew I still wanted to work after I had Liam, but I also knew I didn't want to work full time or outside of my mom. I feel like it's a lot easier for me to work from home being an English and Journalism major. It's nice having freelance opportunities available to me. I don't work freelance for the most part. I'm lucky enough to be an employee of a small company where I have the title of staff writer. They build websites, and I tell the business owner's story in a way anyone off the street could relate to it.

I cannot express how grateful I am to work from home and have the opportunity to be home with Liam. Nothing's perfect. But, this is pretty good.

I've realized a few things I truly love about working from home:

One}I create my own schedule. I think it's amazing to work from home and have my own schedule.
Two}I play with Liam and be with him all the time. This goes back to creating my own schedule, but I think this is one of the most important reasons of why I work from home.
Three}I don't have to worry about daycare. I cannot imagine having daycare be worth it. It wouldn't work for me for a number of reasons.
Four}I get to teach Liam words and read to him all the time. I love being able to teach Liam on a daily basis. I have the opportunity to make this a priority during the day.
Five}I save a lot of money by not commuting. I don't have to waste money on gas or going out to eat since I work from home.

Pretty amazing.


Little Pink Book

0 Sweet Notes: