Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Fun at Hobby Lobby


I've been tossing around the idea of blogging everyday till Christmas or the New Year. I love this time of the year, and I've been sentimental lately. Liam is almost ONE! I want to remember everything about his first year, and I know it's not possible. I want to try though.

If you blog, do you ever go back and look through your posts? I've been known to go back in time on my blog. Sometimes, Bill will catch me browsing through different posts on our computer and my phone. My blog is so special to me. I literally have an archive of my life I'll never lose. It's awesome. Especially for someone who loves to journal regularly.  Since, I love blogging, and I've been extra sentimental about Liam turning one in December, I thought I would try to blog everyday till Christmas. I want to capture the last couple months of Liam's first year.

Why do I want to do this? I'll tell you why... I know I'm going to be a little teary eyed on his birthday. Of course, I will be happy as well, but I know I'm going to be sad at how fast this year went. So, when I want to reminisce on his birthday, I will have daily posts I can look back on starting from today! How cool would that be?! I'm not wanting to put too much pressure on myself to have the perfect post. I'm going to write these entries on the spot. There might be some spelling errors and other imperfections, but I'm OK with that. The point is to reflect on what we did each day.

It will be my daily highlight reel. A highlight reel starting now and ending on Christmas Day or New Year's Day.

Here goes...


Liam and I started off the day at MOPS (Mother's of Preschoolers) where I went to a mom's group with my sister-in-laws, and Liam went to a little daycare with his cousins. We were late to the group. Liam was napping late, and I got distracted by a Taylor Swift song in the car and missed my turn. Pretty typical for me. We both had a good time despite being late. 

After group, we head to Hobby Lobby for a quick stop.

I'm more drawn to the Christmas decor. I was in love with the Gingerbread Men. How cute are they?!

I wanted to pick one up, but I decided to wait until it was closer to Christmas to buy decorations. I'm trying to live in the present. Haha


I mentioned on the blog that I was starting a scrapbook for Liam. I'm hoping to have it done soon. I have over 30 pages so far, and I'm hoping to double his book in size in the next two weeks. I have all the supplies. I just need to sit down and finish it.

I'm having fun with stickers. Can you tell? The top picture of this page cracks me up. Liam looks like he is fed up with me taking his picture. The stickers next to him read, "OMG, Mamma!"

This evening, Bill stayed home with Liam while I went to my meeting I report on twice a month. I came home and Liam was having some valuable uncle time. That might sound weird, but it's not. Uncle Tom was over, and he likes to call anytime he spends with his nieces or nephews, "Valuable Uncle Time." Pretty cute, huh?

Anyways, we ended the night with Jimmy John sandwiches. Any night that ends with a Jimmy John sandwich is a good one in my book.


Little Pink Book

0 Sweet Notes: