Monday, September 14, 2015

Liam - 9 Months








Highlights from this month: Liam, you started crawling faster this month. When you spot something you want, you crawl as fast as you can towards it. If the trash has something stick out of it, you have to pull it out.

You are standing up more often. You love to just stand up and hit the couch. I think you like that you can make loud noises.

Weight: 22 pounds and 13 ounces

Height: 29.5 inches

Hair: Your hair is turning blonde! There is a slight hint of red that makes you look strawberry blonde in the right lighting.

Eyes: You have true blue almond shaped eyes. Gorgeous baby blue eyes in my opinion. :)

Clothes: You are in 24 month or 2T shirts and 18 month pants. (I switched you back to 18 month pants/shorts, because the 24 month ones are way too long!)

Eating: You are drinking 6 to 7 ounces of milk. You love the green smoothies that I make you. I think it's awesome I can feed you plenty of greens all in one serving. It's pretty great.

You're not sure about fruit or vegetables that are cut up in little pieces. You would rather drink a smoothie or eat puffs. I'm learning that I need to feed your real food first then puffs. Otherwise, you will just eat puffs. PUFFS are your everything right now.

Sleeping: You are sleeping through the night. A couple of nights ago, you were crying in your sleep, but you weren't wanting a bottle. I literally can't remember when I woke up to feed you. I consider myself lucky that you are such a good sleeper. You like waking up at 8 or 8:30 in the morning.

You are taking two naps now.

Likes: You love making any sound you possibly can think of at any moment. You have made the following noises: growling/grunting/snorting/fake laugh and cough and bubbles. There are probably a few that I'm forgetting.

You love standing up wherever. You have started to walk while holding onto the couch.

You like playing with  your older cousin, Dustin. I can tell when you look at him that you already look up to him and admire him. It's fun to watch you guys wrestle and play.

You love your smoothies and applesauce.

Leaves and tags are a favorite thing of yours.

Dislikes: Getting dressed is a huge dislike of yours. It's a struggle.

Milestones: You are a pro at crawling. You are super fast when you see something you want, and you make excited noises while you crawl towards it.

Your baby talk sounds similar to actual words. I can't wait to hear your first word. I would love if you said, "Hi."

You always are standing up by your crib's railing when you are done napping. It's really cute.

You have become good at picking up your food. I think you've been skilled at it for a couple of months now. You are so proud of yourself when you pick up your puffs and feed yourself.

You have no sign of teeth at all. This is surprising since I got my first tooth at 4 months. Your dad on the other hand got his first tooth much later. Your Lovie, my mom, told me she might start calling you "gummy" if you don't get a tooth soon. Ha It's okay if you don't. We think you're really cute without any pearly whites.

Outings: You went to your future Aunt Taylor and your Uncle Tom's engagement party at the farm. It was fun introducing people to you and watching them interact with you.

You swam for the last time this summer at the farm on Labor Day. It was the perfect warm September day. It was bittersweet knowing it would be the last time in the pool for this year. You've had a lot of fun splashing and playing with your cousins.

We have gone to several mom's group play dates recently. They have all been at different places such as Panera, Chick-fil-A, and a couple of homes of the different moms. It's been great for you and me. It's awesome watching you play with other babies close to your age.

Little Pink Book

0 Sweet Notes: