Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Winter on the farm

The frost on the trees is my favorite.

Winter can be beautiful too.


That bike parked by the shed has been there since before we had Liam. Ha



The other morning Bill went to take care of the animals. I didn't think anything of it until he came back. He was so serious and upset. When he went out to feed them, he found a duck and two of our Bantam chickens had been killed.

I thought that Kevin was gone. We've had him around for years. He has the biggest personality. Bill let me know it wasn't Kevin who was gone but one of the babies. I'm always surprised when he tells me we lost another one of our pets.

I shouldn't be surprised. When you have pets that live outside, they are never completely safe. Even if you put up a nice fence and close their doors at night, different animals find ways to get in and take them.

I'm learning that I need to be thankful for these guys each day. I can't wait till winter is over. I love watching them play outside when it's warm.


Little Pink Book

0 Sweet Notes: