Thursday, January 15, 2015

One Month mark!

Cravings: Oranges are a huge craving of mine. I think I'll eat 3 or 4 a day. Also, I'm wanting sugar, because I'm super tired. I'm learning I need to replace simple sugars with fruit or maybe a granola bar so I'm not eating foods that will spike my blood sugar. I made a green smoothie in my vitamix today that had kale, pineapple, and almond milk. It was delicious and super healthy.

Reactions: I had no idea how much motherhood would change me. For the better really. I love taking care of Liam, and I love watching him change every week. I feel like I've really noticed how I am able to say what I want and make decisions that are best for me. I'm less worried about people's opinions about me. It's kind of amazing. I think Liam is a huge motivator to do what I know is best for me and him. If you're a new mom, have you noticed that too?

General Mood: Happy and tired. I feel incredibly fortunate to have Liam. God blessed us with the perfect kid for us. He's such a character with his expressions and the fun way he acts. He's such a ham.

I'm tired too. Lets be honest, I'm still going through an adjustment period. I'm waking up every 2.5 to 3 hours, and it is hard. :)

Things I was surprised by: The first week he was home, I would wake up when he cried, and there would be mornings that Bill would have to remind me when I woke up. I literally wouldn't remember what happened the night before! I find it hilarious.

Things I'm most looking forward to: Uh... more sleep? Hahah

Sleep: Hahaha This post is riddle with talk about sleep. Honestly, I'm really good with falling asleep quickly. I'm thankful that after I'm done feeding him and changing his diaper, that I'm able to fall asleep pretty fast.

What I think is really cool and amazing: I love when Liam looks at me. I imagined what that would be like when he was in the womb, and it's just as amazing as I thought it would be!

Food aversions: I don't have heartburn anymore...thank goodness! I don't have any food aversions anymore!
 
Maternity Clothes: I've lost almost all of my baby weight, but I still have some to lose yet. I haven't gone shopping for non maternity clothes so I'm still wearing maternity jeans and yoga pants. Maybe, I will in a couple of months!

Exercise: I started back with exercising last week, and I feel really good about that.





Little Pink Book

0 Sweet Notes: