Thursday, December 4, 2014

5 Things I'm Thankful for

Wow, I can't believe Thanksgiving was already a week ago! My family and I had such a great time together this year. It was extra special. In the morning on Thanksgiving, Bill and I went over to his parent's house and had breakfast there with them. They always do a big breakfast which is fun. Later in the day around 1, Bill and I brought the turkey, strawberry jello, and other fixings over to my mom's house to cook there.

My brother picked up my mom and sister Meg from O'hare. They flew back on Thanksgiving day, and it worked out perfectly! They came around 3 and we ate a couple of hours later. It was an awesome day! It's so good to have this time together!

On Friday, we went over to my dad's house early in the day and had an early dinner with him. We had stuffed cornish game hens with mash potatoes, gravy, and cranberry. Cranberry was a staple at both my mom's and my dad's house. Bill's family doesn't eat it, but it's an essential with my family!

This is probably one of the most exciting holiday seasons for me and Bill with the arrival of Liam coming soon! Plus, he's my parents first grandbaby! So so exciting! (He's the 10th on Bill's side!) It leaves me thinking about the things I'm most thankful for...

1. Baby Liam and family: I literally am still in partial denial that we're going to have a baby soon...very soon! I was thinking it would be nice for my doctor to induce me early, but I kind of want to see if he will come naturally first and surprise us! We're packed and ready for the hospital. We just need to install his car seat in one of our cars first. Ha I can't wait to give birth and meet Liam. It will seriously be the best day! I'm so thankful that he is a healthy baby, and I'm very thankful for both of our families and their support.

2. God's Blessing and faithfulness: God has blessed me over and over again with good jobs and bosses, a baby (!), and a wonderful husband and family. I feel so lucky this year and truly blessed. I'm so thankful that I can rely on God to guide me through this life. He loves us all so much.

3. Little Pink Book: Why yes, I am thankful for this blog of mine! I know that may seem silly, but I love having a place where I can share my life with my family, friends, and blog buddies and keep them updated on what's going on in my life. Not to mention, it's a great place to write out my thoughts and share my ideas! It keeps everything organized. I also think this blog played a big part in helping me become even more comfortable writing more regularly. It's perfect for the English and Journalism major or anyone interested in writing! I find myself going through my blog archives and reading through what I was doing last year around this time. I'm sentimental like that.

4. Time Together: Meg is home for a while, and I'm so happy that I get to spend time with my sister! Expect lots of family pictures on the blog in the coming weeks. I want to remember this sweet time together right before Liam is born and afterwards. We have a few things planned so far that I'm super excited about it.

5. Books: I've had a renewed interest in reading lately! I've made an intentional effort to read more often instead of watching TV. It's been great! I finished Dad's Fat, the first two Harry Potter books, and I'm halfway through Pride and Prejudice (why didn't I read it sooner?). I got sick of watching TV to keep myself entertained at night, and I found I'm so much happier reading a good book!

I love listing out things I'm thankful for! I feel happy and content... What are you thankful for this year?


Little Pink Book

2 Sweet Notes:

Lynn Lindquist said...

I'm thankful for friends like you Natalie! :)

Natalie Juns said...

Thanks Lynn!! Same here! :)