Friday, November 21, 2014

Nesting


Nesting has become a major thing at my house! I cleaned and cleaned some more yesterday! I washed the rest of the baby clothes aside from two outfits I left hanging in the closet. Ha I'm finding a lot of happiness in cleaning everything from the bathroom to the kitchen to just about everywhere in my house. I'm ready for our baby to be with us!

I got super excited when my doctor told me he was head down. I knew that he had dropped last weekend. Hopefully, we won't have to wait too long before we meet our baby boy! In the mean time, I'm going to be decorating our house for Christmas and tidying things up everywhere. I never really thought about the whole "nesting" aspect of pregnancy.

It really just began today for me. I feel more ready and relaxed if everything is clean. That's part of my personality too. The other day, I went grocery shopping and put everything away, but I didn't have time or energy to clean the dishes and kitchen. It left me feeling gross. I love having everything cleaned.

Since I began the whole nesting phase, I also decided to pack a hospital bag yesterday. It was well worth my time! I have clothes for both me and Bill along with clothes for the baby and his special blanket and hat for pictures. Oh, I also packed some food and toiletries. I'm planning on bringing my iPad and headphones to listen to music.

There isn't a whole lot left on my "to do" list. I have a feeling I need to make a short list of things left that I need. Maybe a travel shampoo and conditioner and a cozy robe? This winter is off to a cold start, and I'm not into being cold. I'll bundle up whenever I need to and a warm robe sounds like heaven to sleep in at night.

Besides the cleaning/nesting and list making I've been doing, I'm also thinking about the holidays that are right around the corner! Thanksgiving is next week!! How is that possible? Bill and I offered to cook most of the Thanksgiving dinner at my mom's house. We're both looking forward to baking and cooking different things. I have an awesome roll recipe. And, I'm of course making dessert.

What are your plans for next week?



Little Pink Book

1 Sweet Notes:

Fran said...

I'm way behind you weeks wise but man, nesting has already hit me hard. I cannot stop cleaning and I keep fantasizing about organizing everything and anything in the house haha