Wednesday, July 9, 2014

17 Weeks


I'm so happy to be writing this post, because that means, I'm finally feeling like a normal human being again! The nausea is gone, and I'm not as tired. I'm still a little tired throughout the day, but I'm totally okay with that! It's nothing compared to the first four months.

At four months, I'm noticing it's harder to sleep. Sleeping on my back is becoming painful. I was propping myself up a lot, but I would still wake up in the middle of the night and realize my back was aching. Even though I haven't gained a lot of weight yet, it hurts to sleep on my back because the weight gain is all in one place. Ha I'm trying really hard to sleep on my side so hopefully I get better at that.

The most exciting part of the second trimester? The flutters! I felt flutters at the end of 14 weeks. Bill and I were at the birthday concert for the Drive, and I felt three pokes/flutters in a row. It wasn't really distinct. I realize the baby is super small at that point, but I know I felt something. It's amazing! I've felt more flutters since then, and I get so excited and happy every time it happens!

After this week, we only have to wait 2 more weeks to find out if we're having a boy or girl! I cannot wait! We're going to get a cake after the ultrasound. I'm planning on having the ultrasound tech put the baby's gender in an envelop then letting the people at my favorite bakery read it so I can have them write a message on a cake about whether or not we're having a son or daughter. This way we'll all find out together. I couldn't be more excited!

I've been thinking that we're having a boy this whole time!! I will be shocked if we're having a girl, because I've never once thought it was a girl. I can't wait to see if I'm right or wrong. My mom and Bill's mom also think it's a boy. That's too funny to me.

We'll just have to wait a couple more weeks.... :)



Little Pink Book

1 Sweet Notes:

Lynn Lindquist said...

Natalie- You look so cute! I'm glad to hear you're feeling better. Hope your "Gender Revelation" party is a blast- such a fun idea!!!