Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Am I Cut Out for Jillian Michael's Workouts?


For the past few mornings, I have been diligently working out to Denise Austin workouts. I like her cardio and yoga DVDs the most. Her workouts are easy to follow, and I still feel like I'm doing something great for myself. 

Well, this morning, I decided that I would try Jillian Michael's Ripped in 30. Things were going great till this one part where I was laying on my back and lifting my legs and upper back up so my stomach muscles were essentially do all the work.

I could feel my lower back throbbing. The pose was meant to give your core a workout, but my lower back was definitely the one receiving the workout. I followed the DVD and did that same exercise twice even though I could hear my lower back screaming. 

I went back into my room to change into normal clothes after I was done and found that I couldn't bend without feeling a throbbing pane in my lower back. 

Now, I'm a couple of hours past my workout, and the ibprofein I took isn't touching the aching pain. Ugh... 

This experience leaves me wondering if I'm really cut out Jillian Michael's workouts or not. I love some of her other DVDs, but I'm not thrilled with how I feel after the Ripped in 30.

I may have to contemplate all this with a fruit smoothie and a good book until my back feels normal again.

I'll keep you posted.


Feeling defeated usually causes me to have a sweet tooth. This time, I refuse to do that. :)

1 Sweet Notes:

Fran said...

I love Jillian Michaels but sometimes her workouts can be total killers - and not in the best of ways hah