Monday, December 2, 2013

My First Time in Vegas for Tom's 21st

Evan and Tom standing at the top on that round rock!

My First Time in Vegas

I'm not much of a gambler. While I was in Vegas, I only played $12 total. The first time I put $10 in and won $12! That was pretty cool since I usually lose around $40 when gambling. Then on the last day, I played $2 on the Sex and City machine and lost the measly $2. Ha Although, I enjoyed listening to the Sex and City characters' voices.

Bill on the other hand did very well on the last night of the trip when he spun once on a machine and won $236. I was very proud.

Suffice it to say, I didn't come to Vegas to gamble. I was along for the ride for Tom's 21st birthday. I was thrilled to go to the Hoover Dam and Red Rock Canyon. Bill's fear of heights resurfaced when we were at Hoover Dam and were looking over the edge and imagining an emanate death that would occur if we were to get pushed off the edge by a stranger. The picture in my head of that certain death is disgusting. Ha

The third day we explored Red Rock Canyon where we walked on trails and climbed up red orange rocks. I loved finding exotic desert flowers and any wildlife I could spot. Bill, Tom, and Tom's friend, Evan, were also entertaining to watch as they climbed up ginormous rocks and looked over steep edges. Their exclaiming over the difficult climbs and jumps they pursued was hilarious.

 My sister-in-law, Katie, and I both had skirts on, but we managed to climb and explore with tripping or falling over our skirts.  I also had on snow boots with tights. I was not prepared for the outing, but Red Rock Canyon was one of my favorite parts of the trip.

I need more hiking adventures. The location of my next trip might be centered around where I can find challenging hiking trails surrounded by mountains. A girl can dream, right?

Have you been to Vegas? What was your experience? If it wasn't for you, where would you rather visit?

Little Pink Book

1 Sweet Notes:

Fran said...

Sounds like a fun trip! You were only like fish hours away from me haha