Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Lucky He's Mine


Two weeks ago, my car became incredibly loud.

It was so loud that I would get headaches from driving back and forth to different places. I wasn't happy about it.

I figured it was the muffler.

Bill drove my car over to his parent's farm and drove it onto the lift to check it out. Turns out, the resonator, a part of the exhaust, was the culprit. It was rotted out and causing all the noise I experienced when driving.

Bill told me he could fix it, and in that moment, I knew once again that I have a husband that isn't nervous of trying different things to help his wife. ;)

Yesterday morning, Bill drove my car to the shed so he could drive it onto the lift again. He called me 5 minutes later and asked if he could cut part of my exhaust namely the part with the holes rotted into it.

I said, "Sure! Go for it!"

He told me later that cutting off that part only took 2 seconds of his time. We decided to go to a store that would cut the right size of pipe for my exhaust.

Once, we got the pipe we picked up a couple of more parts including clamps and were on our way with only $24 for everything!

I was totally impressed.

When we got home, Bill put the new resonator on and we waited a little then he adjusted the clamps and put a couple more on there for good measure.

He worked for a couple hours making sure everything looked good.

I started my car up and it was quiet again!!

I was (still am) so happy!

I went to my mom's later that night and when I came back, Bill told me he couldn't hear my car at all!

I think I received my second Christmas miracle. :)

Honestly, I feel incredibly lucky that I have a husband who knows how to work on cars and can find cheap ways to fix them. He's the best.


My resonator on my exhaust that is completely rotted.


I'm curious, do any of you feel like you received a Christmas miracle lately? My sister-in-law, Tracie, informed me that Christmas miracles are a thing, and I can't get them out of my mind. I keep discovering little things that might be my miracle. xx

Little Pink Book

3 Sweet Notes:

Brooke Tolly said...

YAY! You really are lucky to have him :)

Jenna said...

What a man! :) and what a fantastic husband!

I think getting my new job was a Christmas miracle!

Fran said...

Yay! That is so awesome!