Monday, December 16, 2013

Family Photos: My Weekend

Happy Monday, friends! I realized this morning that I have a lot to get done this week! Between stories for work and Christmas shopping that needs to get done, my plate is full this week. (I've only started shopping a little bit...) Before I jump into the craziness that is this week, I thought I would share what my weekend looked like. It was pretty calm.

Bill has been wanting to make Ginger Bread cookies for a while so we decided this weekend was it. We didn't have any brown sugar for the cookies so we used sugar in the raw instead. Our ginger bread cookies have a crunchy delicious texture. They are probably the best ones I've ever had.We used this recipe. (Make sure to use sugar in the raw if you are wanting that sweet crunchy texture.)

Aren't these little Ginger Bread cookies the cutest!?
(Shhhh!!! Don't tell anyone, I ate a few of them. :))

Kittle is never too far away when we're baking in the kitchen.
I also made an ornament wreath since we aren't getting a tree this year... (I got the idea from Fran at  Freeborboleta. Go check out her tutorial!) Bill's asthma is flared up from our bedroom so we have to sleep in our living room until we get new flooring. A Christmas tree would only make his breathing worse. I called and found out we have exactly one more week of living in our living room. :(

This weekend, I also went to my cousin Val's college graduation party! I had a great time. :) Congrats again!!

Val is also blogging! Go check out her blog, Blonder Blogger.

Have a good week, friends!



Little Pink Book

1 Sweet Notes:

Fran said...

Your wreath turned out SO good!!!