Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Caleb's Lunchbox Notes

I love the idea of leaving notes around the kitchen for my husband Bill. I'm a list person by nature and will frequently leave reminder notes in a prominent place on one of my counters. Sometimes, I'll even place little love notes to Bill on important dates such as anniversaries, birthdays, and holidays.

I love when I find people in blog land who also enjoy writing notes. I recently discovered a talented artist, @RHETT_REEVES, on Instagram who writes notes to his son Caleb that always includes one of his drawings. This idea is magical to me. I would have loved to receive these as a kid. My mom frequently left me little notes on sticky pads wishing me a good day at school when I was growing up. I treasured them. RHETT_REEVES notes are similar to my mom's.
I was excited to discover that he drew the Grinch for his son this week. The Grinch with Jim Carrey is one of my favorite Christmas movies.
This note and drawing are so beautiful. The love for his son is evident.


What do you think, friends? This dad's talent astounds me. I know that I would love to write letters to my loved ones on a weekly or monthly basis, but I don't have the talent to draw like him or at all.

The great thing is you don't have to have that kind of talent. You can email this talented dad at Rhett.Reeves@gmail.com if you are interested in a print or ordering an original. How great is that?


Have an awesome day!


Little Pink Book

{Photos used with artist's permission.}

1 Sweet Notes:

Fran said...

Oh my god, those are AWESOME.