Friday, December 27, 2013

A Very Merry Christmas


"Kitty, why are you trying to sit like a human?" She's really an expert at begging. haha

Even Kittle received some gifts. ;)

Including a gingerbread man cookie for dogs.

I bought a center piece for our kitchen table at Costco for $12!

My dad, my brother Phil and me at my dad's house on Christmas.

We started the holiday weekend off with family time and ended it the same way. Christmas was full of eggnog, mint hot chocolate, desserts, presents, and Christmas movies. We went to my mom's house for Christmas eve. At her house, we snacked on appetizers till dinner and watched Santa Clause 1 and 2. ha I'm a fan of the first Santa Clause, but with almost every sequel, the second one is sub par.

Gift giving was fun this year. We gave my mom an Amplified Bible and two new Joyce Meyer books like she wanted. I was able to get her name stamped on the front of the cover of her new Bible, and I also crochet her a scarf. She loved her presents. I gave Phil a no-sew blanket that he really liked and several stocking stuffers. I bought 3 yards of each fleece fabric to make his blanket since he's tall. Nothing is more annoying than having a blanket that doesn't cover your feet.

Bill received some winter gear including a winter coat, hat and a zippered jacket to line the winter coat. My mom gave me expensive Oneida silverware that I had been wanting for a while! I'm thrilled to have nice silver wear. I seriously love it. I also got a few other things that I love. Phil gave me a gift card to get iBooks on my iPad!

At my dad's, we stayed for a while and enjoyed the snow falling on Christmas day. I love having a white Christmas. We skyped with Megan a little bit, but I really wished she could have been there with us! My dad just returned from a trip to Norway to visit his sister a couple of weeks ago, and a lot of the gifts he gave were from there. I'm planning on writing a post about some of his gifts.  He had such a good time with his family, and I'm hoping I'll get to travel out there someday. 

For my dad's gifts, we picked out a Keurig and some K-cups for him that he loved, and I also made him a no-sew blanket. I had a lot of fun making those. I made one for myself, but Bill loves how warm it is so he sleeps with it now! I may have to make another one for me. ha

Anyways, I've been thinking about my posts for next year, and I'm hoping to blog a lot more. I've grown attached to this blog of mine, and I hope you have as well. :)

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, friends!

Little Pink Book

P.S. I naturally feel a bit of let down after Christmas is over. We spend months prior to Christmas anticipating the wonderful day, and then, it arrives only to leave in a flash. This morning, I will be burning my Georgia Peach flavored candle and reading this essay by Mindy Kahling. Is it possible that Mindy Kahling couldn't cheer you up? I think not!

3 Sweet Notes:

Valerie Rose said...

Great picture of you and Bill! Also, I actually like the second Santa Clause movie almost more than the first one haha, probably because I've seen the first one so many times. However, do not even waste your time with the third movie!

Jenna said...

I am so jealous that you got a white Christmas! It sounds like such a great one filled with wonderful family time :) I agree about the Santa Clause movies...hated the second one!

Also- Mindy Kaling is AMAZING :D

Fran said...

Sounds like you had a good Christmas, I'm jealous of all that snow!