Saturday, November 30, 2013

What Captures My Attention During the Holidays

I know that my mind wanders to all the planning of gifts and family and friend get-togethers all to often during the holidays. Of course some thought and attention on those things is a good thing that is expected during this time, but I want to focus more of my time and thought towards the true meaning of the season: Christ's birth.

I am so thankful for God sending his only Son to save the world. So why don't I focus more of my thoughts to that during the holidays? There is too much junk that clouds my view. All the presents, gift giving, get-togethers, and commericial hype of the season fight hard to hide the real meaning of the season.

This year, I would like to change that. Many of you already have advent calendars in your home, and I'm totally impressed by the creativity you expressed with that. I did some searching on Pinterest for a homemade advent calendar and discovered a handful of ideas. My favorite one was built with twigs and tiny paper bags with the 24 days leading up to Christmas stamped on each bag.


What do you think of this one? This advent calendar is very country esque. I also have most of the materials at my finger tips which definitely helps save money this time of the year.

Do you have an advent calendar at home? Have any creative ideas for me? I would love to see your different takes on the advent calendar!

Little Pink Book

1 Sweet Notes:

Jenna said...

I SO need to invest in or make an advent wreath for my house! I miss sitting around the dinner table growing up and lighting the candles.

This one is so cool and different! And even better if you have the materials around your house already!