Thursday, November 14, 2013

Body Image: I think I'll Wear Skirts All Winter Long


Normally, I wouldn't think twice about wearing pants everyday, but ever since I've ordered Kristen's skirts, I've wanted to wear skirts more and more.

I'm on a skirt kick. Monday, I wore my solid pink skirt with a purple shirt, I repeated the same outfit on Wednesday for dinner with my mom and brother, and today, I wore my knee length polka dot skirt. All this to say, I think I'm feeling more comfortable being femine and girly. I'm also hating my favorite pair of jeans right now.

I wear them for a few hours and then they're too lose in the thighs and butt. It's super annoying to have your pants become too big even if that was the goal in the first place. Although, I would really rather have them be too big than too tight.

I don't know what I would do without my plethora of skirts. They are really coming in handy right about now. My favorites are the thin black chevron striped (pictured above), polka dot (knee length and maxi), my solid pink skirt that I love pairing with a purple shirt, and my thin tan chevron striped skirt.

In an effort to look more put together, I wear a form fitting shirt tucked into my skirt. I love how a good shirt can pull my look together, and I don't mind wearing something that fits tightly to my torso so I don't have a whole outfit that fits too loosely. I think every woman can relate that they don't want to look bigger than they are. That would never be my goal. :)

I'm curious though what has been your go-to item for the fall/winter? Are there any favorites I need to know about?


Little Pink Book


P.S. This is not a sponsored post. I just need to reiterate how much I love my new skirts from Kristin. She's one of the best seamstresses I know. Click the link or type in Maxi Skirts by Emma Ray on Facebook to check out her skirts! You won't regret it. I promise. :)


1 Sweet Notes:

Fran said...

My go-to is usually, as in 99% jeans, always jeans haha