Monday, September 9, 2013

Just Another Reason to Love Fall

There aren't many things that I look forward to more than the start of the fall season. The cooler days, beautiful colored leaves, the pumpkin spice lattes at Starbucks, and the abundance of layering options in my wardrobe are very welcomed changes. Everything feels right again.

Also, at the start of fall, I become entranced by college/school movies and TV shows. I never really understood the real reason behind this fall obsession of mine, but every year, I am drawn to movies that are school based like -- Admission, Easy A, 17 Again, Monsters University, or the Social Network. Not to mention, I've been re-watching episodes of Greek on Netflix, which is another show that evolves around college life.  I like reliving the start of the school year, even if I'm only really watching Emma Stone battle it out in high school with an overly fake religious girl who is Amanda Bynes or watching Mike (Billy Crystal) and Sulley (John Goodman) work hard to get back into the Scare school at Monsters University after they were kicked out.
The beginning of the school year is just another reason why I love fall. I admire the the few isles in the back of the Target store that are allotted to school supplies. I browse the isles carefully. Not really planning on buying much of anything. Except an extra notebook and pack of pens for old time's sake. I guess I never really stopped liking school and the wonderful supplies that come with it.There's no crime in that, right?

Another thing I love about Fall? My mom's cooking... she slaves over the best chicken noodle soup I have ever tasted with thick homemade noodles and fresh chunks of tasty chicken. Her chili is one of the very best as well. I love watching her chopping up onions, green peppers, tomatoes and throwing in ground beef, garlic, and kidney beans all in an effort to create her famous chili. Well, famous around these parts for sure.
I'm almost always request her chili or soup in the fall when were together for a meal. I'm notorious for the being the party planner in the family. I love arranging the get-togethers and making sure everyone is there. Fall is one of those times of the year that I really get into that. Maybe it's all the reminiscing about back-to-school memories, the crisp fall air with the changing color of the leaves, and the upcoming holidays at the end of the fall season that make me crave more family time.

Either way, fall makes me sentimental.


Little Pink Book

{Photos via We Heart It}

3 Sweet Notes:

Jenna said...

Hi Natalie! I am back to blogging! :) And so excited to be back on here!

Fall is one of my absolute favorite times of the year, too. It makes me feel so cozy and happy. The smells, the sights, the activities, the tastes...! It's all wonderful in my mind!

Your mom's soup and chili sound mouth-watering good! YUM!

Natalie J said...

Yay!!! So glad you are back! Can't wait to read more from the talented, Jenna. :)

Fran said...

I love fall so much too!