Monday, September 23, 2013

Easy Tips for Applying Makeup


I recently came across this article, 10 Tips I learned at Makeup School, and I wanted to share my favorite tips they gave.

"Think of your Cheeks as a Bra."


They suggest first applying a matte bronzer beneath your cheekbone (the underwire of the bra.).

Then brush on the blush right on the cheekbone, "where it counts."

"Re-load your Eyeliner Halfway"


Starting at the corner of your eye and applying more to your brush to follow it to the end of the eye. This way the line will be smoother.


Purrfecting the Cat Eye... haha
Jessica Alba sporting the perfect cat eye.

I always wear my gel eyeliner on top in the form of a cat eye. This tip from Tracey Brown is my favorite. She says to put a dot where you want the wing to end and then draw in the wing to the corner of your eye.

After you have the hardest part done, you can then fill in your upper lash line connecting to the wing. I absolutely love this idea.

Check out all their tips here.

Little Pink Book


{Images via...My Pinterest Page}

3 Sweet Notes:

Valerie said...

I love the cat eye! Instead of eyeliner I just got a small pointed eye shadow brush, wet it, and then put dark eye shadow on like eye liner, I mess up less haha.

Natalie J said...

That's awesome! I've never tried the eyeshadow as eyeliner trick, but I think it's cool! I love the gel stuff, because I can put it on with a small brush. It's really similar to your technique. :)

Jenna said...

I can always use makeup tips! I think my favorite is to treat blush like a bra- that actually makes so much sense! Haha