Monday, August 12, 2013

Open Letter to Lorde on her song Royals



My open letter to Ella on her song Royals.

Ella,

It's not often that I come across a song that captures my attention for hours, days, and weeks. Dare I say it, years sometimes. But your song, Royals, has done just that. I listen to it almost everyday. My husband, Bill, came home one day last week and told me I had to listen to this new song he knew I would love. Man, he was right.

It's mysterious, majestic, upbeat, and whimsical. The lyrics are fascinating to me.

You sing about how you don't come from money, and you're no stranger to living out the mundane things in life. I feel like so many people can relate to this. There's so much of life that is mundane.

I think my favorite part of the song is when you sing:

"And we'll never be royals (royals).
It don't run in our blood,
That kind of lux just ain't for us.
We crave a different kind of buzz.
Let me be your ruler (ruler),
You can call me queen Bee
And baby I'll rule, I'll rule, I'll rule, I'll rule.
Let me live that fantasy."

Let me live that fantasy. Ahhh... You explore something, that once again, a lot of people do in everyday life. They live out their own fantasy of a different life. They picture how they want their life to look in 5 or 10 years.

Your talent with songwriting and creating a message makes me want to step up my game. You are one talented, young artist. All I can say is, please keep those amazing, thought provoking songs coming. The world needs more artists like you.


Photobucket

0 Sweet Notes: