Thursday, August 29, 2013

In Honor Of Back To School Week


The week that kids go back to school, I always get nostalgic for my school days. I miss buying the school supplies at Target and figuring out what I would wear for my first day back. There's something so special about having a fresh slate at the beginning of the year. The possibilities seem endless.

Your focus switches from swimming at your favorite pool, movie with friends, and hanging out at home to waking up early for class, school books, and the dreaded or not so dreaded word-homework. I remember in first grade, I asked my teacher for more homework. I loved to learn and stay busy. She had no problem with helping me with that.

Now, that I'm out of college and have no plans of attending grad school, I get excited for different things at the end of August. I start dreaming of pumpkin spice mochas, leaves turning a nice shade of orange and red, apple picking, and maybe, picking up a couple of packs of pens and pencils from Target's school section for old times' sake.

Do you ever find yourself missing your school days? What do you miss most? Although, I have new things that I look forward to at the end of summer, I still think it's perfectly acceptable to indulge in things that made you happy in the past, like a pack of pens.


Little Pink Book



{Photos via We Heart It}

2 Sweet Notes:

Brooke Tolly said...

I miss that too! The other day we had to buy Little One a composition notebook for Pre-K and I saw all the school supplies. They are so cute now!

Lindsey Louise Bales said...

i love this photograph you posted for this post, i feel like that is always my life when college starts up again! i love target for school pencils!

lindsey louise

hellomrrabbitblog.com