Friday, August 2, 2013

A Diary of Sorts


I'm wanting to capture summer so it can never leave! I couldn't believe it was August 1st yesterday. How horrible is that? I don't want the warm weather to end... I decided I would put my favorite memories here on my blog so I can look back at them when it gets cold outside, and I'm wanting to reminisce about all the fun memories we made.

I've been lucky enough to hang out with my cousin Val this summer. :) We've had a great time together! I went to the Arlington Race trace with her and her family for her 21st birthday. I had a blast there. We also celebrated her birthday at Acquaviva winery with my mom. We had such a great time.
Bill's birthday was a success! He isn't very into presents, but this year, he received some of the best presents. He's all about practical gifts. I got him computer speakers that my brother suggested (Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 if you're interested. ;)). His dad got him an old video game system that he actually didn't already own. That's an impressive feat considering how large Bill's collection is already. My mom got him a dressy shirt from Costco along with a Panera gift card and a few of his favorite things. He received different food items from his sisters that he also loved.

My brother, Phil's, birthday is also in July. I have a lot of pictures from that day that I need to go through. I will post those soon. :)
A couple of weeks ago, I went with Bill to Chicago, and we visited Millenium Park. We sat at one of the restaurants and enjoyed the beautiful summer day! It couldn't have been a nicer day for it.
He has one of the most beautiful smiles! Love him.
Yesterday, I decided I was going to pick out a different pair of glasses instead of ordering a years worth of contacts.  My eyes get dry after four to six hours of wearing contacts so I thought it would be a more pratical choice. I have back up pairs of contacts in case I want to wear them one day instead of glasses.

The first pair of glasses on the left were too masculine with the straight line on the top. The glasses on the far right, were a burgundy color. I liked the shape of them, but I thought the color and shape wouldn't look as professional as I wanted them to look. The middle pair looked the most feminine to me. I love the shape and the tortoise color. For me, I had an easy time choosing that middle pair after taking the pictures and looking them over.


Last night, I had dinner at my mom's house with Bill and my brother Phil. It was so nice getting to see Phil. I miss him since he's moved out of the house!

We had meat loaf for dinner with potatoes and salad. My mom made a low fat fudge brownie that has pumpkin and peanut butter in it. It's always a good choice.


What are some of your favorite memories from this summer? What are you looking forward to in August?


Photobucket

0 Sweet Notes: