Monday, May 6, 2013

Treasures at the Flea Market


The wagon me and my siblings rode in when we were young. 

 On Saturday, I went with my mom and Bill to the flea market! My mom had never been there before, and it was actually her idea to go there this time. I hadn't told Bill any of that before telling him I was going to there on Saturday. He was shocked, and of course, I invited him along. I know how he loves going to things like that.

While we were there, we decided to split off and look at different things. Bill went to scope out the video games while I went with my mom to browse the plants, candles, and other fascinating trinkets like the prince frog in the wagon above. Isn't he adorable? The candles we bought were pretty amazing too. I got two different scents Creme Brulee (smells like vanilla) and Monkey Farts (sounds horrible. But it smells like everything they eat. Pineapple, banana, strawberry, apples, and kiwi. I believe).

You might have notice that big beautiful pink plant in the wagon? That my friends is one popular plant. The vendor there told us they started out with fifty of them in the morning and had 4 left by 1p.m. It's called a bougainvillea. They're from the south, and they are absolutely gorgeous. After we picked up that one, there were probably 3 or 4 people who came up to us to ask us about this beautiful plant.

I had such a good time with my mom and Bill. We'll definitely be making another trip there this summer!
A close up of the bougainvillea. I love the contrast between the white and dark pink.

Photobucket

0 Sweet Notes: