Thursday, May 23, 2013

Things that school didn't teach me.




I never learned the same way that they taught me in school... I remember taking really good notes in class but not absorbing all of the information. I had tried to grasp the topics while in class, but I don't think I'm an auditory learner. I never was able to fully understand what they were talking about when I was in class.

 I would go home and read and reread my notes to learn the information. Sometimes, I would make lists or graphs and memorize my notes. I could memorize all the information for a test and it would be ingrained in my brain. I could think about my study sheet and picture the information in my brain. It worked like a charm.

If I studied that way, I would get an A on the test, no problem. I learned at an early age, that I learn the best visually. It worked for me, and I continued to use that method in college.

I've also learned a few lessons completely separate from school.

Here are a few of them.

It's OK to not know where you're going or have everything planned out... I like to know when things are going to happen and how they'll work out. I know that I can't possibly know how my whole life will play out. I've learned how to be patient. I really have. It is such a gift to be able to wait for things and earn them yourself. I'm a happier person when I'm patient and not always waiting for something to happen to me.

It's OK to be different... Don't be afraid to express your views if they're different from another person's opinion.. This one is a big one for me. I feel like sometimes in the past, I would hold back on expressing what I'm thinking because it differed from someone's point of view. I try my hardest no to do that anymore.

You want to know one of the most important lessons I've learned? Here it is...

Never take any moment with a loved one for granted. Life is too short to do that...

Photobucket

0 Sweet Notes: