Friday, May 3, 2013

Things that make you uncomfortable. (Day 3)


Day three of this challenge is, "things that make me uncomfortable." I haven't thought a lot about this topic, because there aren't many things that make me uncomfortable, but the things that do make me uncomfortable are mostly to do with messes around the house. I hate having clothes on the ground in my room. I can't sleep in my own bed if my room is littered with clothes, books, and other things on the floor. I have to clean it up before going to bed or I won't be able to sleep well.

Watching R rated movies with my parents or in laws also makes the list. There's nothing more uncomfortable than watching a sex scene with your parents or watching a movie with a ton of sexual innuendos that make you cringe in your seat because your sitting next to your mother-in-law.

This is a true story. On Tuesday, I took my mother-in-law to see The Big Wedding. There was some nudity and an abundance of crude lines in this movie. I was hoping that the movie would turn around and be more appropriate. I was wishing that the WHOLE TIME. At one point the brother in the movie was perusing this girl and making his intentions clear that he wanted to sleep with her. I just about died when he kept telling her he wanted her. (I'm putting it nicely. Obviously.) She turned him down multiple times and then she threw caution to the wind and decided to sleep with him. So so awkward when watching with your poor mother-in-law!! There were many many awkward scenes that I won't write about here.

Somehow we endured the whole movie. It was a huge blow by blow of inappropriate scenes riddle with horribly awkward situations. I'm happy to say we were able to laugh about it later after I apologized for how crude the movie was. Ha! Thank God.

Have you been embarrassed lately?





1 Sweet Notes:

ilene @ muchloveilly said...

i totally have to agree with watching movies with parents or in-laws. you just sort of hold your breath and hope the scene will be over sooner than later or that someone will br brave enough to hit the fast forward button - if possible!