Monday, May 20, 2013

Share a Struggle


Day 20... Share one of your struggles.

These past couple of months, I have been wanting to lose 15 pounds. I was frustrated during those months, because I would lose three pounds only to gain it back. I also found out that protein bars or fiber bars were making me bloat up a lot, and I got horrible stomach aches from them. It took me 4 months to figure out what was giving me the stomach pains.

Now, that I have that figured out, I'm not gaining the water weight that comes from bloating. That was encouraging. Last month, I tried working out more by running. Running can sometimes be pretty painful on my knees so I wasn't doing it regularly, and I wasn't loosing the weight that I wanted to lose.

This last week, I started working out more to my DVD workouts. I use Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred, Hard Body, Extrememe Shred & Shred, and her Banish Fat Boost Metabolism. I have a lot of them! I'm working on her 30 Day Shred, and right now, I'm on day 5. I love that I can do cardio in my home without a machine with this workout. I sweat so much from it.

I think that I'm coming out of my struggle to lose these fifteen pounds. Today, I got on the scale, and I had lost four pounds since last week. It was a very welcomed surprise! I can't wait to be thin again. :)

Photobucket

4 Sweet Notes:

Maria Thompson said...

Stay strong! I have been struggling with losing some weight as well. I have been doing a Beachbody program called TurboFire, it is an awesome cardio workout you can do at home. It's very fun and I bet you would enjoy it :)

Found you through the Blog Every Day in May link-up!

http://livesouthern.blogspot.com/

Lucy The Valiant said...

Congratulations! Jillian will do that to you!

twiggy@thedirtlife said...

Hey!! Just stick with it...even when there are days where it feels like it isn't helping anyways, or days where you have given up.

Because I promise, over time, it will pay off BIG!!

You should be so proud!

Fran said...

Stay strong! I've been wanting to try the 30 day shred - let me know how you like it!