Thursday, May 30, 2013

Saying Goodbye


Yesterday, I went to my Great Aunt Arlene's funeral with Bill. She had a beautiful service where they sang On Eagle's Wings, Amazing Grace, and What a Friend We Have in Jesus. Bill and I both liked On Eagle's Wings the best. The other songs are of course beautiful too. I admired the pastor for doing a great funeral service for my aunt but also for sharing the gospel with everyone by preaching about Jesus's sacrifice on the cross for us. I loved that he did that.

At the cemetery, my cousins who are closer to my dad's age came up to me and were so excited to meet Bill. It was so sweet. They were so happy I was there and really appreciated it. When I was walking by my aunt's casket for the last time, my cousin Jim told me I could pick up a flower. I know I picked up one of the filler flowers, but I know this one will be special to me.

I couldn't have been more happy that I called Arlene when I did, since her sons didn't have the right phone number to get a hold of us. Of course, I would have liked to have called her earlier and been able to visit her, but I'm so glad I didn't miss her visitation and funeral. That would have been heartbreaking. I'm also glad I got to be there for the family and be surrounded by the people Aunt Arlene loved. I'm truly going to miss her.

Don't wait to call or visit with one of your dear relatives. Life is too short. Give one of your loved ones a call. It will make their day.


Photobucket

0 Sweet Notes: