Monday, April 22, 2013

Gardening Ideas


Each year, my mom plants this huge garden filled with cucumbers, tomatoes, chives, basil, among other delicious foods, and she also plants flowers all around her house in a way I couldn't easily mimic at my own house. This year, I would like to plant some hastas and beautiful pink and purple flowers. I also want to grow my own vegetables.

I'm a little nervous about all this, but I think with her help and some practice, this garden thing could really happen! Nothing would make me happier than to pick vegetables from garden to put in a salad during the summer.


I've found milk crates like the one on top at Target. I think it would look so country chic to have a milk crate full of flowers on the sidewalk next to our house. What do you think? Do you have a garden each year?


Photobucket

(Images via: Pintrest)

1 Sweet Notes:

R. W. High said...

Nice! I have been scouting Craigslist and neighborhood curbs for cool/cheap stuff in which to plant some herbs and vegetables. Last year I only did basil but it turned out really well and I love it!