Monday, April 1, 2013

Fluffy Chickens and ducks, Mouse gloves, and Easter Day

The ducks and chickens got to have some outside time.
They love to hunt around for interesting things to eat in the yard. the ducks never leave each others' side, but the chickens like to wander off from each other sometimes.
It was a nice sunny day but a little cold.
Saturday night, I was cooking pretzel jello salad. Bill saw me with my mouse gloves and thought it would be cute to take a picture. I think he likes them.
I also made challah. I have a lot of fun braiding the bread.
I gave Bill the Easter basket on the table, and he gave me my Easter present in a donkey that is a plant holder! We're planning on painting him a grey color and putting a purple handkerchief on him. I can't wait to put some flowers in the planter part. haha
On Sunday, we went to First Baptist and went back to my mom's house for brunch. We watched The Hobbit and talked with my mom and brother. It's the second time I watched the movie this week.
I interrupted Kittle's nap to take a picture. I'm glad I did. She actually looked at the camera! Kind of. :)


Our baskets of stuff combined. Here are my favorites from the pile.
The Gummy Ice Cream Cones. These actually taste really good and are super cute! Although, Billy would tell you different. He gave these ones the side eye when he saw them. haha
I got this card for Bill. We are goofs.
I gave this chicken to Bill. She walks and spits out eggs. I can't lie to you and say she lays eggs. They definitely spit out of the chicken.
A cute little chick!

These Pastel Junior Mints are better than the regular ones. The coating is soft and doesn't crack.
Best jelly beans ever.

This Easter was really good. I like church on resurrection Sunday. I love celebrating with everyone about our risen Lord. His sacrificial love for us is amazing. I also had fun visiting with everyone and watching The Hobbit. I watched Bil play hockey with his brother and brother-in-laws. That was fun to watch that and talk with Colleen (brother-in-law's girlfriend). I only regret that I didn't have my camera with me! We had a great day at his parent's home.

I was also very full at the end of the day.

We definitely ate well and in "well" I mean way too much. Only some of the food was healthy. That's OK though. Everything in moderation. I drank a lot of water last night and ate an apple. I already started getting my body back to normal. :)

I hope you had a good Easter!




Photobucket

1 Sweet Notes:

Fran said...

Now I really want a pair of those mouse gloves haha