Monday, February 11, 2013

Cabin Fever and Winter Projects

It's that time of year again, and I'm itching to get outside. I hate being inside all the time. The only time I really spend any time outside is when I'm taking care of my little chicks and ducks.

They're pretty cute and are totally helping me get through the winter. When I came home after work, I went over to their cage and said "hi" to Kevin and Ginger. (The chickens go to bed much earlier.)

I called to Kevin, and he's so tame that he ran over to me, like he usually does. He came up closer, and I sneaked a hug from him. What a cutie! Of course, when I gave him a hug he was picking through my hair the entire time. haha The homeschooler that gave him to us had given him many hugs when she dropped him off with her parents.

I knew that duck would be awesome! Anyways, I can't wait till me and Bill can sit outside with the animals and let them run around. Not to mention, I want to workout outside and go swimming.

Instead, I've been filling my time with indoor projects like cleaning the spare room which we refer to as the blue room. It's been designated as my room, and the basement is Bill's area to decorate and fill with his stuff.

I woke up at seven in the morning on Sunday and cleaned and cleaned.

I love walking into the room and finding everything neat and organized! I think I might just leave the door open so I can glance in when I want to to see my work. :)

Later in the day, I finished a craft project I had started this weekend just in time for Valentine's day.
I started with an open frame and cut foam to put inside the frame. I wrapped the foam in burlap to give it a country feel. The cool thing is when I get bored of this design, I can easily make something new to put inside the frame!

Needless to say, it was a productive weekend but not the most relaxing. I'm obviously looking forward to Valentine's day! Bill and I have a fun date planned that I can't wait for. :)

I hope this week goes fast.
Photobucket

2 Sweet Notes:

Eleanor at Mirror Of My World said...

i love your craft project and its so lovely you have ducks and chickens, i wish i had some :) xx have a great valentines

I'll Love You Forever said...

Love your craft project. I can't wait until it is warm enough tk be outside too. Glad you have a fun date planned for Valentine's Day.