Tuesday, January 29, 2013

That time I chose to eat breakfast food.

On Saturday, my mom and I went out to a cute restaurant called Alexander's. We had just gone to a funeral, a rather depressing and uncomfortable funeral. I hadn't known my Grandpa's brother, but I was sad for everyone there.

We decided to go out to eat afterwards, just the two of us. I loved that I got that extra time with my mom. She had craving for an omlet. Normally I hate breakfast food, and I can't stand pancakes.

Pancakes make me feel to full. Way too full and not enough flavor.

Although, when my eyes were flying through the menu they stopped on this picture of these Red Velvet Pancakes.

I pushed my hatred of pancakes aside, because I loved Red Velvet! Red Velvet cupcakes or cake is the best.

It turns out that the Red Velvet pancakes are just as good. They actually had flavor to them, unlike the regular ones that I'm not a fan of usually.

The ice cream on the side was a great touch. So, if you get a chance to make or order them, you should try them!

When I told Bill that I actually ate a pancake he was excited, but he did tell me that they are fufu pancakes. That is OK with me though. :) I admit that I only like fufu pancakes!

My mom's spinach omelet was really good too.

After we finished breakfast, we went to Crate and Barrel where we browsed the new Spring items.

I didn't buy anything, but I had a good time just hanging out with my mom. She is the best.

Love you, mom.

P.S. I think that day should go down in history that I give my approval over fancy pancakes. Just saying.

The Red Velvet pancakes that blew my mind...



Photobucket

2 Sweet Notes:

Fran said...

Red Velvet ANYTHING is amazing ;)

Brandi @ Home Team Dreams said...

I actually love pancakes, so I'm sure I'd really love red velvet pancakes! I've never heard of them until now, but seeing that I love red velvet cake how could I not love red velvet pancakes if I were to try them! Now I have to figure out how to make these babies!!