Tuesday, January 15, 2013

All Over the Place


This past Friday, I came home from work, and I don't think I ever felt so overwhelmed by my house and everything really. I felt like I had left everything go for a while, and all the sudden, I wanted to clean until everything was spotless.

Turns out, I didn't do that....

I cleaned the kitchen for an hour. Made dinner. Then proceeded to make cinnamon bread (recipe from the Pioneer Woman's site), and that was great. I was still overwhelmed, and I probably wasn't the most fun to be around at all.

When Saturday rolled around, all I could think about was the mound of dirty clothing behind our bedroom door that I hadn't touched in a week and the closets that I hadn't organized in a while. I didn't touch any of that until we came home from lunch at a local winery where I got a headache from drinking a glass of wine.

We stopped over at my mom's afterwards, and she was organizing a spare room in her house that she is planning on repainting. Granted, she was only tackling one project at a time. I should have followed her example. Ha!

When I went home, I immediately started taking every movie me and Bill own out of our closet in the living room and sorting them into groups. One basket designated for Bill and own for me. Then the top shelf in the closet went to TV series and movies that I am currently loving. I didn't stop there. I went to the hall closet and made everything look pristine there too...

I feel like such an A-type personality admitting this, but once I unleashed my need to clean everything, I felt like I couldn't stop.

Bill went to watch the football game with his brother-in-law, and I stayed home watching Nashville and folding an undisclosed number of clean loads of laundry.

Ugh.

I can't say I had a very relaxed weekend at all, but I learned something. I can't leave every cleaning project for the weekend. Those projects really destroy my time off.

Another thing?

I need to learn how to relax on the weekends. Any tips that you want to give me?



Photobucket

0 Sweet Notes: