Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Thanksgiving Weekend


This Thanksgiving, we both enjoyed a lot of quality time with both of our families. We spent Thanksgiving morning with Bill's family by having breakfast with them and playing Scrabble later in the day. I even learned some handy tricks with making pie crust from my mother-in-law. I really did appreciate it! I ended up making my pie crust at her house, and then I rushed home to make the rest of my Dutch Apple pie and bake my homemade rolls. I was a little stressed, since I don't have much experience making/baking pies! I'm much more comfortable with basically anything else!

After I finished my pie and hurried around the kitchen, we went over to my mom's house and had dinner with my brother, my mom, and her boyfriend, John. We all missed my sister, Megan. It wasn't the same without her! After dinner, we continued the holiday traditions by watching a favorite Christmas movie in our house, The Grinch. It was such a nice and relaxing day! The rest of the weekend, I read The Hobbit, worked out, shopped a little with my mom and brother, and me and Bill brought home and decorated our first Christmas tree together as a married couple! I am all too excited for the holidays!





Photobucket

2 Sweet Notes:

Eleanor at Mirror Of My World said...

have a wonderful christmas and thanksgiving x

Dancing Branflake said...

I'm reading the Hobbit right now. I love it!