Wednesday, November 14, 2012

my last financial class






I was surprised by how fast my class went. Last night was by far the best meeting we had together. We all sat around a few different tables in a circle, and after the movie, we discussed a lot. I could have said more in the discussion, but I found that the experiences that the other group members were talking about I couldn't relate to. I was the only person in their 20's and the rest were in their 40's and 50's. I didn't mind though. They talked about budgeting for a family and some talked about how they are educating their own kids to live within their means. My favorite couple their had been married for 30 years, and I loved their honesty about the struggles they are currently facing. It was obvious to see how in love they were and how they were a team. Loved it. :)

As a couple that just got married this past January, I really think this is one of the best classes that I could take right now. I know that living without debt is the best way, and I am lucky enough to be debt free. I don't have any kind of loan and that is one of the most freeing things to be financially free! I started out the class debt free, but I still had that tendency to spend my money without thinking. I can admit to not thinking about spending my hard earned money just so I could have something that I don't really need like extra clothes. All of that money spent would add up and I would end up feeling very discouraged. I haven't done that in several weeks, and I'm even finding myself wanting to save more of my money. Bill and I have a budget, and we record what we spend each month. This is one of the most beneficial things we've done so far! We actually know what we are spending each month, and we know where our money is going. I'm looking forward to finding out how much better we do in the next few months.


Photobucket

0 Sweet Notes: