Thursday, October 25, 2012

a relaxing weekend


Yesterday, I went running with my dog. It was in the 70's. Perfect weather for running. When I came out of work today, the temperature had dropped 30 degrees, and it was chilly. Part of me is longing for summer, but on the other hand, I am looking forward to Thanksgiving and Christmas even with the cooler weather.

This weekend, we don't have a whole lot planned, but those weekends are kind of my favorite. :) I love my Saturdays when I can bake and read a good book. There's something so wonderful about not having anywhere to go and you can relax on the couch. I'm reading The Clash of the Kings, the second book in the Game of Thrones series. This is by far the best fantasy series I've read, and I have read several before this one.

Other than that, I'm still thinking about how different things will be without my sister living here. Next week, we are going to hang out, and I'm so excited about what we have planned! We're going to a movie on Wednesday. We like to call them "our popcorn movie nights" which means we share a big thing of popcorn, a large pop, and of course watch a good movie... Those nights are one of my favorite past times.

Then on Thursday, we are celebrating her 24th birthday. I love celebrating my family's birthdays, and I want to make this one special for Meg. I'm going to have a hard time saying goodbye, but I am really looking forward to spending time together. Focus on the good things, right?

(Image via: Pinterest)

2 Sweet Notes:

Fear is a Dirty Word said...

Sounds like a lovely weekend! I have to get around to reading the Game of Thrones series, I've seen all of the show and I love it!

Best,
Samantha

Leah said...

What a nice weekend that sounds like it's transitioning into a nice week. Glad you get to spend time with your sister before she moves- Happy early Birthday to her!