Tuesday, September 18, 2012

What's your opinion on dieting?



Whenever I'm trying to lose a few pounds, I hate referring to my efforts as dieting. Somehow, I always picture myself feeling deprived and binging after a couple of days of deprivation. Ha That's why I was pretty disappointed that Women's Health decided to put the word "diet" on the cover of  their nutrition guide book.

I religiously read Women's Health magazine and have found they promote a healthy lifestyle full of exercise and  good healthy food not dieting on and off for the rest of your life. Thankfully, I've found that their book has the same advice and is packed full of interesting advice, tips, and facts. I can't get enough of it. Want to know the most interesting thing I've learned so far?

In a study that the USDA performed, they found that on any given day an overweight adult ate only one-hundred more calories compared to an adult in a normal weight range. Interesting, right? This book has me hooked.

2 Sweet Notes:

Leah said...

I agree- diet feels like a dirty word! I think lifestyle change or something like that sounds better when you're trying to make heathly choices! Sounds like an interesting book!!

JENN said...

I love reading magazines like this, it gives me wayy more ideas than simply dieting. Checkout my blog if you get a chance, and follow if you like, I just posted about menswear as well as sweaters for the fall!

-Jenn

http://apopofstyle.blogspot.com/