Thursday, September 13, 2012

Closet Therapy

I don't know what happened last week, but I became extremely interested in clearing out all the extra and disregarded clothing from my wardrobe, in order to make room for clothes that I would actually wear on a regular basis. My trip to Ann Taylor might have been the key.

On Labor day weekend, my mom and I did a little shopping, and she mentioned that she wanted to stop in Ann Taylor. I have always shopped at Ann Taylor Loft so I was curious as to how they differed. I'm not sure what you think, but I was completely impressed by the quality of their clothes. The fabric is nicer, and the choices of different shirts by far exceeded the Loft.

I was so impressed with what I saw that I bought one of the dresses that I found on sale. I fell in love with the style of it and how comfortable I felt wearing it. My dress is long but not too long. It's definitely a black jumper style dress with some taupe coloring AND last night, my brother-in-law's girlfriend Colleen told me that she saw my dress on Rachel Ray's Tall Fashion show a couple of days ago. First of all, I couldn't believe the dress that I had picked out was on Rachel Rae's show, and second of all, I was shocked that it was on a show for tall fashion!! At 5'10, I'm a little proud that I picked something out that is perfect for a tall girl.

Here's the dress that Colleen was talking about:


The model in the audience has my dress!! The only difference is my dress doesn't have long sleeves.  They were comparing the lengths of the dresses among other things. Glad I picked a good one for me. :) Ha I don't think this will ever happen to me again, but it sure was nice to see this last night!

As for my closet after this trip to Ann Taylor, I have completely bagged up anything that I haven't worn in 8 months to a year. There is an abundance of room in my closet right now. Shirts are easier than ever to pick out now that I have all blouses and cardigans organized by color. If you haven't tried organizing by color you should! It also definitely gave me an idea of what I already have too much of in my wardrobe.

Here is my newly organized and revamped closet:


 Looks like I have enough purple and black clothing to last me a life time... haha How do you have your closet organized?


Photobucket

1 Sweet Notes:

Leah said...

That's an adorable dress Natalie! I went through my clothes before moving back to school this year and it definitely felt good to purge of the things I don't wear anymore. Plus it's an excuse to find cute new things to wear..or something like that right! ;)