Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Sweet Little Genevieve's Baptism





I feel like I have been saying goodbye to summer these last twelve days... There's been a break in the temperature. We went from having 90 degree weather to the mid 70's. I'm not complaining completely, but I feel sad to see the really hot summery days leave us. This past weekend helped me forget about it though. :)

On Saturday, we went to our niece, Genevieve's baptism. It was the first time that me and Bill were God Parents together, and it was my first time ever being a God Parent. It was a really special and intimate baptism with just friends and family. We got to the church a little before 10a.m., and soon after that we were all standing in the foyer. The first part of the baptism was there in the foyer, and then we went inside the sanctuary where sweet little Genvieve was baptized. I loved being God Parents with Billy.

That night, I went to a bachelorette party for Bill's first cousin who I have become friends with. I had a great time hanging out with her, her friends and sister, and my sister-in-laws. There was a challenge that we had to complete, and I probably spent more time laughing and being amused than anything else. :) I surprisingly got 7 hours of sleep that night after we came home at 3:00a.m. and was able to really enjoy the play that we went to with Bill's parents on Sunday. We saw a show called Guys and Dolls. It's probably ten years behind Mad Men. Of course, I tried to relate it to Mad Men, since I've been obsessed with watching it lately. We went to a local winery afterwards where we ordered white fruit flavored wine at the table, and I had my usual steak. I love the food there.

Oh, I forgot to mention the surprise that was waiting for me Saturday morning. It was a wonderful surprise... Bill had finished our duck run the night before so that they would have more room outside to wander around in during the day. I can't wait to post pictures of it and introduce you to Kevin and Ernie. Believe it or not, we didn't originally name either of them! ha Who couldn't love a duck named Kevin or Ernie? haha

Happy Wednesday!

Photobucket

0 Sweet Notes: