Wednesday, June 13, 2012

One of the best weekends.


 I love this idea.

This past weekend, we had our wedding reception on Saturday! We have been planning for this event for months. We had decided to have a wedding reception here in Illinois, since we had a destination wedding in Florida in January. I had Friday off to prepare for it, and I was able to clean the house and organize our second bedroom that is currently used as our storage room.

That evening, my mom and brother came over and helped us decorate the tables with the jars I made. We also put ribbon just about everywhere including the trees. I had a such a great time decorating and planning for our reception. Once Saturday finally came, I went with my mom in the morning to pick up the salad and to get our cake. It was beautiful! I loved it. A lot of people told us it was good too. I was happy with that, and I really liked the raspberry filling. So good. I will post pictures. We had photographer come and take pictures for us, and I am waiting to order them. I think he did a really good job, and I can't wait to see his work. I was in a rush to get ready for the pictures after me and my mom came back with the cake. I was nervous that I wasn't going to get ready in time, but everything turned out fine when we were all taking pictures together. We had a lot of fun doing it. Bill and I even got to take pictures driving around in his parents' white golf cart with our wedding clothes on, and we wore our sun glasses too. Classy. ha :)

The party started a couple of hours later, and our guests started to arrive at Bill's parents farm. It was fun seeing people come and be able to talk a little with them. I loved catching up with some of the people who I haven't seen in a while! I wish I had of gotten more time with everyone, but it's hard with more people there. Bill's mom and I counted 125 people who came to our reception. There were 35 people at our wedding in Florida so it was definitely a big switch that made it more challenging to talk to everyone, but I still had a very good time. Later in the evening, there were fewer people, and we were all dancing and hanging out together. Even our little nieces were on the dance floor and having fun with us. I held little Sophia, our niece, and danced with her. She was cute, and it was so fun seeing her smile and reach up for me to pick her up. It was nice to just forget about our responsibilities for a night and enjoy each other.

0 Sweet Notes: