Thursday, June 28, 2012

Horrible at saying goodbye.

 A new bloom from my hibiscus.

Last Friday, my brother Phil, my husband Bill, and I drove to Chicago to take my dad to the air port. We had dinner beforehand at McDonald's where I insisted on taking a couple of photos much to my brother's chagrin. I know McDonald's is hardly the picturesque photo op, but it was the last time I'll see my dad for the next 6 to 8 months. Not sure when his next R & R is.

I knew I was bad at saying goodbye from the first time we dropped my dad off at the airport when he first departed to Afghanistan. I was crying and gasping for air for a few minutes on the way home. Meg, my sister, was with me and Bill. She was crying to and trying to comfort me.This time, I cried a lot, but there was no gasping. I wasn't hysterical. I did better this time.

My brother was strong, and Bill was there to comfort me. He was so sweet. We got back to my dad's, and my brother and I talked outside his house for a while. I realized things are changing for a while. My whole family's life is in transition including mine. My brother just graduated college and is doing great at job searching. My sister is finding her passion. Skydiving is included. :) My mom is experiencing what it's like to have your kids finally become adults. My dad is having the adventure of his life while working in Afghanistan and doing some traveling on the side, hopefully soon. As for me, I love being the newly wed. Some people say being married isn't that much different than dating. For us, it changed quite a few things. I'm so glad to be on this journey with him.

I'm right where I want to be in my life. It's the best feeling.



0 Sweet Notes: