Monday, June 18, 2012

Hanging out with Dad.


I am so happy to say that my dad was able to make our wedding reception. He had been working in Afghanistan for the past four months and decided to use some of his vacation days to be back in time for the reception and visit family and friends. It has been awesome having him back and being able to hang out with him.

We've gone out to dinner a lot and sat and talked at his house with my siblings. Plus, I love that I don't have to think about the fourteen hour time difference while he is back. I can talk to him whenever. Love that.

I will be spending as much time as I can this week with my dad, since he leaves on Friday to go back to Afghanistan. Tonight, we are having dinner at Bill's parents house. I love spending this time with him, but it's hard knowing I won't see him till February next year when his contract is up.

I'm staying positive though, since Skype, calls, and email make it so easy to stay in touch even though I'm totally not used to having him so far away! :) Getting to spend Father's day with him was the best. We made tacos, hung out, and watched a movie, War Horse.

I'm so glad you were able to spend this time with us, Dad. Love you.

0 Sweet Notes: