Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Tunnel Vision


This week, my mind has been racing with ideas about different things. I want to plan for the reception that we are having in June. It's less than a month a way. I have the paper goods, tables and chairs, and the cake accounted for, but now I am thinking of decorations for it. I found a cute idea in the Martha Stewart magazine. I know crazy, right? haha

I'm thinking about carving out a couple of hours this Saturday for brainstorming. I'm starting to think that is only way I'll have a couple of productive hours. I'm usually not so distracted, but lately, there are so many things going on that I'm finding it hard to concentrate on one specific thing. My thoughts are usually preoccupied with the reception-I'm incredibly excited for it! Last night, Bill and I went out to dinner at a restaurant that reminded me of Portillos. After dinner, we went to one of the most impressive libraries I've ever been to. I checked out 4 books there. One was Bill's of course. They told me that I could check out 30 items at a time! I couldn't believe that! 30 items?? That is amazing to me that they would trust me or anyone not to lose any of them. Anyways, it was a really successful trip. I found 3 interesting books that I'm looking forward to reading soon.

It was a relaxing night that I needed more than I realized. I think if it wasn't for Bill, I would run around trying to get all of these things done all the time. He teaches me to relax when I don't really see any other option than to keep planning for something like the reception. I get tunnel vision a lot sometimes. I like being organized and "knowing all my ducks are lined up in a row." My dad says that about me all the time.  He knows how much of an A-type personality I am. Bill on the other hand is way more relaxed and easy-going. It's not to say that I am not calm, but we definitely go together well since we aren't both perfectionists. :) I'm so glad he is my calm, smart, strong husband. He's the best.


xoxo,


Photobucket

0 Sweet Notes: