Saturday, April 7, 2012

Easter with the Jun's family.

We celebrated Easter with the Juns family today at his sister Tracie's house. I made challah to bring over for lunch and there was so many delicious things there.  Everyone went all out, and I had cheese and crackers, vegetables with dip, and an assortment of other desserts to snack on before our dinner.

The girls got to go on an Easter egg hunt outside. Their uncles Bill and Tom had hid the eggs for them, and afterwards, they sat up in the their little tree house and ate the candy that they had found. It was really cute watching them sit at the table in the tree house and contentedly eat their candy.

After dinner, we hung out outside and visited our ducks who are by our house now. They are growing so quickly-it's like they double in size in a week! I'm kind of wondering what it will be like to have them when they are full grown. Hopefully, they will be just as cute? Hmm Time will tell. Anyways, I was kind of disappointed that we don't have our rooster and chicken in the shed anymore, since we had to move the ducks over here. I'm going to miss the rooster. It was always so fun to see him walking around and looking at me when he wanted food. It might be a little strange that I got attached to a rooster. haha

We were surprised with a wedding gift from Bill's Aunt Ruth later in the afternoon. She got us a framed picture with a quote printed on it. It's a really beautiful picture of a field with smaller trees in the background with a large tree on the left side. The colors int the picture are all really warm. I has a good quote for newlyweds. We brought the present inside and got to show her our house and the painting we've done to the rooms. I feel like our house is new with all the cleaning and painting we've done.

It's a satisfying feeling.

Photobucket

4 Sweet Notes:

Gail @ Sophisticated Steps said...

You got attached to a rooster. Haha. I won't tell you about my dad growing up...with a really MEAN rooster.

Show us pics of those duckies again!

Happy Easter!

Hanis. said...

Growing up, I was afraid of ducks and pigeons. Until now. Haha. What is that picture of?

Katie Marie said...

If I had a rooster, I'd totally get attached to it too. :)

Leah said...

Getting together with family is so fun- and it sounds like your time was no exception! :)